- 1 In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, the plain and whole meal flours, the bicarbonate of soda and sugar.
- 2 Add the oil and rub the mixture with your fingertips.
- 3 Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and tip in the yogurt. Fold in, preferably with a rubber spatula or with your fingertips till you get a sticky wet dough.
- 4 Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
- 5 Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- 6 Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- 7 Place one heaped teaspoon of the mixture at intervals, spaced out at least 1cm apart on the tray.
- 8 Place the tray in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or till lightly browned.
- 9 Leave the cookies on the tray for a couple of minutes. The cookies are soft and chewy.
- 10 Transfer to a rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for about 4 to 5 days.