A bit of this, a bit of that
- 200g Onken Mango, Papaya and Passion Fruit Yogurt
- 6 - 8 sponge or lady fingers
- 75g fresh mango, diced in small pieces
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 100ml tropical fruit juice
- 2 tbsp Archers, or Dry Martini or Cinzano
- 400 – 500g ready-made thick custard
- 150ml double cream, whipped
- 1 passion fruit, seeds
- For decoration:
- 15g pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 Break sponge fingers into 3 and place in trifle dish or individual glasses, add chopped mango and kiwi. Pour over the fruit juice and the choice of alcohol (fruit juice can be substituted for the alcohol). Leave to chill for 30 minutes.
Spoon the custard over the soaked sponge fingers and fruit, leave to chill for 30 minutes.
Cooks Tip: Ensure you use ready-made thick custard otherwise the cream/yogurt topping sinks into it and it is difficult to spread.
- 3 Combine the Onken Mango, Papaya and Passion Fruit Yogurt, whipped cream and passion fruit seeds together in a bowl and pour over the custard, carefully spreading to the edges to cover all the custard.
- 4 Decorate with the chopped pistachio nuts and the slices of kiwi.