A bit of this, a bit of that
- 150g Onken Strawberry Fat Free Yogurt
- 350 - 375g of sweet shortcrust pastry
- 250g strawberries, hulled, halved or sliced, 50g strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (optional) added if the variety of strawberry is not very sweet.
- 100ml whipping cream
- 4tsp arrowroot
- 150ml red berry juice
- 1 Preheat the oven 190˚C/ 170˚Fan/ Gas mark 5.
- 2 To make the base: Dust the work surface with flour. Divide the pastry into 6, roll out each piece of pastry to fit a 8.5cm tartlet tin. Place the tartlet tins onto a baking tray. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Bake the pastry case blind for 10 minutes, remove the paper and beans or rice and cook a further five minutes, cool and remove from tins.
- 3 Lightly whip the cream and mix with the Onken Strawberry Fat Free Yogurt and the 50g chopped strawberries. Divide the mixture between the tartlets and smooth over the pastry base.
- 4 Place the prepared strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar.
In a small pan mix together the arrowroot and berry juice, bring to the boil over a medium heat and boil for 1 minute until thickened and clear, cool slightly.
Cooks Tip: Using arrowroot rather than cornflour for the glaze, allows the glaze to be
clear rather than cloudy.
Arrange strawberries in the pastry cases and spoon over the glaze.
Cooks Tip: The tartlets are best eaten on the day of making otherwise the pastry will soften.