A bit of this, a bit of that
- For the sauce:
- 1 x 500g Pot Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 125ml vegetable stock
- 85g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- For the filling:
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 10 wedges
- 300g cubed butternut squash
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g courgettes cut into chunks
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes with basil
- 12g fresh Basil
- Cracked black pepper
- 9 sheets Lasagne
- 1 Preheat the oven 200°C/180˚C Fan/ Gas Mark 6
- 2 Place the onion wedges, chunks of butternut squash, pepper and courgette into a large roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and place in the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- 3 Make the sauce; place the yogurt, butter, flour and stock into a medium pan, bring everything to the boil whisking all the time with a balloon whisk until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, season and add 50g of the cheese and stir well.
- 4 Remove the vegetables from the oven and reduce the heat to 190°C/170˚C Fan/ Gas Mark 5
- 5 Add the tomatoes, beans and torn basil leaves to the roasted vegetables, season with the cracked black pepper and mix together.
- 6 To assemble; place a ¼ of the vegetable mixture on the base of an oven proof dish top with 3 sheets of lasagne, top with ½ the remaining vegetable mixture, pour over a little of the cheese sauce place on 3 lasagne sheets, repeat. Pour over remaining sauce and top with the remaining grated cheese.
- 7 Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 minutes until the top is brown and bubbling and the lasagne is cooked.