A bit of this, a bit of that
- ½ pot Onken Natural Yogurt
- Whole leg of lamb
- 4 teaspoon tikka paste
- 10 whole red chillies
- 1 garlic head
- 1 bunch rosemary, broken into small sprigs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pitta breads
- 1 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped roughly
- 1 jar mango chutney
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C/gas mark 6.
- 2 Using a small knife, pierce the meat throughout, inserting a whole chilli, Gently rub the oil all over the leg and place to one side.a clove of garlic and a piece of rosemary in each incision.
- 3 Gently rub the oil all over the leg and place to one side.
- 4 Mix the yogurt with the tikka paste until smooth. Using half the mix, evenly coat the leg.
- 5 Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 1 hour. During cooking, spoon a little more yogurt mix over the leg and joint to keep moist.
- 6 After one hour, cover the leg in foil and continue to roast for another 30 minutes.
- 7 Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to rest. The lamb is done when the juices run clear.
- 8 Mix the shredded cabbage with seasoning, oil and coriander.
- 9 Slit open the pitta breads and warm briefly in a toaster. Stuff with the cabbage mix, a spoonful of chutney and slices of lamb.
- 10 Top with a dollop of leftover yogurt mixture and a sprinkling of coriander.