A bit of this, a bit of that
- 200g Onken Natural Yogurt
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunky pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 250g prepared butternut squash, cubed
- 300g prepared sweet potato, cubed
- 2cm root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp ground nut oil
- 700ml vegetable stock made with 1 ½ stock cubes or use fresh stock
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To serve:
- 1 red onion thinly sliced in thin wedges and roasted
- 1 Preheat the oven 200°C/180°C Fan/ Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Place all the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Roast in the oven for 45 – 50 minutes until the vegetables are tinged with brown.
Place the vegetables in a saucepan with the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer partially covered for 20 minutes.
Cooks Tip: If making the soup earlier in the day before serving, take to method 3 and then chill. Reheat and then stir in the yogurt. The soup is also suitable for freezing.
- 4 Blend the soup in a blender or food processor but do not blend completely allow for some half blended vegetables. Return the blended soup to the saucepan and stir in the Onken Coconut Yogurt, warm through and serve.
- 5 Garnish with chopped coriander or roasted slices of red onion.