A bit of this, a bit of that
- 495g pack white Bread Mix
- 2 tbsp tomato oil from jar
- 200ml Onken Natural Set yogurt
- 150ml warm water
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chop ½ and slice half
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes in a frying pan and sauté the onions in the oil for 5 minutes, add the vinegar and sugar and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- 2 Place the bread mix into a bowl.
- 3 Mix the yogurt, remaining oil and water together in the measuring jug, add to the bread mix with half the caramelised onions and the chopped sun- dried tomatoes.
- 4 Knead for 5 minutes in a mixer with a dough hook or by hand on a lightly floured surface for 10 minutes.
- 5 Shape the dough into a rectangular shape (32 x 20cm) on a greased baking sheet.
- 6 Top with the remaining onion slices and tomato. Cover with a clean damp tea towel until the dough doubles in size (1½ - 2 hrs).
- 7 Uncover and bake in a preheated oven 220˚C/200˚Fan/Gas Mark 7 for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- 8 Remove bread from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack, cut into chunky wedges and serve hot or cold.