A bit of this, a bit of that
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g large flat field mushrooms, chopped, 150g for soup, 50g for garnish
- 150g mini Portabella mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 750mls vegetable stock
- 150g Onken Natural Set yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Cracked black pepper
- Sea salt if required
- 1 Heat 2tbsp oil in a large heavy based saucepan, fry the onions until soft but not browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- 2 Add chopped mushrooms and fry 3 – 4 minutes until coated in the oil and are beginning to cook.
- 3 Sprinkle over the paprika and add the hot stock.
- 4 Bring to the boil and cover, cook 15 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- 5 Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the 50g sliced field mushrooms until browned and slightly crispy.
- 6 Blend or place soup in a food processor whiz until the mushrooms are broken down, blend in the yogurt, and parsley, heat through for 1 minute, season to taste.
- 7 Serve and top with the crispy mushrooms and crusty bread.