A bit of this, a bit of that
- 1 Aubergine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 3 spring onions, topped, tailed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g sun blush tomatoes
- Basil leaves torn off 2 stalks – shredded
- 100 - 125g goat’s cheese
- 100ml Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 Panini Rolls
- 1 Slice bulbous end off both sides of the aubergine and slice remainder into 4. Dice the bulbous ends.
- 2 Place slices on a plate and sprinkle with salt to soften the aubergine fibre, leave for 15 minutes. Wash salt from aubergine slices and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C Fan/ Gas Mark 6.
- 4 Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan, add spring onions, garlic and diced aubergine ends, fry for 3 – 4 minutes, add diced tomato and basil leaves and fry a further 2 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a griddle pan or frying pan and fry the aubergine slices for 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- 6 In a small bowl mash the goat’s cheese then add the yogurt and blend together with a fork, season with the black pepper.
Cut the Panini rolls in half, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place
an aubergine slice on each cut half; top with the Mediterranean mixture and finally drizzle over the goat’s cheese topping.
- 8 Place in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the topping is just browning. Garnish with basil leaves or salad leaves.