A bit of this, a bit of that
- 250ml/1 cup Onken Mango and Apple Fat Free Yogurt
- 200g caster sugar
- large pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80ml sunflower or oil
- 2 eggs
- 275g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 10-12 strawberries, hulled, washed and sliced (approx 180g)
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- 2 Grease or line with greaseproof paper a round cake tin, approximately 23cm in diameter. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- 3 Add the oil in a steady stream, whisking while pouring. Tip in the eggs one at a time and continue to whisk.
- 4 Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add to the yogurt mixture. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until blended. Fold in the strawberries.
- 5 Transfer the batter to the cake tin.
- 6 Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes. The cake is done when a knife comes out clean. The cake is moist. Sprinkle with a dusting of icing sugar to decorate and serve hot or cold.