A bit of this, a bit of that
- 350g flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 240g Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 80ml lemon juice
- 230g unsalted butter
- 400g granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 325g mixed berries
- 120g icing sugar
- 45ml lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 175℃. Generously grease cake tin with butter or non-stick spray.
- 2 Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Whisk Onken yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 4 In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Beat the eggs in 1 at a time allowing each to fully mix in before adding the next.
- 5 Pour the dry ingredients into the butter/eggs. Pour the yogurt mixture on top. Beat everything together until combined.
- 6 Using a rubber spatula, fold in the berries. The batter should be thick and creamy.
- 7 Pour batter evenly into prepared cake tin. Bake for 55-70 minutes. Loosely cover the baking cake with foil halfway through bake time to ensure the surface does not over-brown. Use a toothpick to test for doneness and begin checking at 55 minutes. Once the toothpick comes out completely clean, the cake is done.
- 8 Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour inside the cake tin. Then invert the slightly cooled cake onto a wire rack of serving dish. Allow it to cool completely.
- 9 Whisk the glaze ingredients together. If desired, add more icing sugar to thicken or more lemon juice to thin out. Drizzle on top of cooled cake. Leave it to cool for a few hours until icing is set.