A bit of this, a bit of that
- 500g (1lb 2oz) chilled shortcrust pastry
- 50g (2oz) sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and chopped lengthwise
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) olive oil
- 300g (10½ oz) leeks, topped, tailed and sliced in rings
- 85g (3oz) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 150ml (1/4pt) Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- Cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/ Gas Mark 6. . Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until large enough to line a 23cm 9inch flan ring/dish. Lay a piece of greaseproof paper in the base of the flan ring/dish on top of the pastry and fill with baking beans. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes then remove the greaseproof paper and baking beans and return to the oven to continue cooking for a further 5 minutes. Reduce the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas Mark 4.
Cooks Tip: Baking beans are dried beans that are used and kept specially for baking pastry blind (without the filling).
- 2 Meanwhile make the filling: Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the leeks and sweat in the oil for 10 minutes to soften. Place in the pastry case.
Beat together the eggs, yogurt and black pepper add half the sun-dried tomatoes and Gruyere and pour into the pastry case.
Cooks Tip: Salt is omitted from the recipe as the sun-dried tomatoes can be a little salty as well as the cheese. Other mature cheeses could be used for the tart.
- 4 Place the remaining sun-dried tomatoes on top of the egg mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes.
- 6 Allow to cool slightly before serving.