A bit of this, a bit of that
- 240g nut granola
- 2 tbsp honey
- 60g unsalted butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and golden linseed)
- 30g skin on almonds, sliced
- 75g dried cherries
- vegetable oil spray
- 130g Onken 0% Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas 4.
- 2 Line a 9-inch square baking tin with baking paper and lightly spray with vegetable oil.
- 3 Place granola on a lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly toasted. In a small pan, heat the honey, butter and brown sugar until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- 4 Set aside a tablespoon of the mixed seeds, almonds and dried cherries to decorate the top of the granola bars later.
- 5 Once the ingredients in the pan have melted, add the salt and remaining mixed seeds, almonds, dried cherries and all of the toasted granola. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- 6 Press the granola mixture into the baking tin, use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly to the edges.
- 7 Use the set aside seeds, almonds and dried cherries to decorate the top of the granola base, pressing them in firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill for two hours until set.
- 8 Once set, turn the contents out on to a board and cut into 8 bars.
- 9 To make the yogurt coating:
- 10 Place the yoghurt into a bowl and add the melted butter, mix to combine. Add the icing sugar and whisk until you have a thick consistency. The yoghurt mixture will thicken more as it sits.
- 11 Dip the granola bars into the yoghurt mixture to coat the underside. Turn them upside down and put the bars into the fridge for an hour to set.