A bit of this, a bit of that
- For the sauce:
- 250ml Onken Natural Set yogurt
- 175g Chopped frozen spinach, defrosted
- 40g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 150ml fish stock
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- For the filling:
- 150g trout fillet
- Smoked haddock fillets
- 200g pack crayfish
- For the topping:
- 900g potatoes, peeled
- 25g butter
- 150ml Onken Natural Set
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 Preheat the oven 190°C/170˚C Fan/ Gas Mark 5
- 2 Place the haddock and trout skin side up in a large ovenproof dish. Pour over the fish stock and cover with greaseproof paper. Poach in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 15 - 20 minutes. Drain and mash with the butter and yogurt, season with the cracked black pepper.
- 4 Carefully remove the fish from the poaching liquid BUT reserve the liquid for the sauce. Flake the fish into large pieces removing any skin and bones.
- 5 Make the sauce; place the yogurt, butter, flour and stock into a medium pan, bring everything to the boil whisking all the time with a balloon whisk until the sauce thickens. Add the chopped parsley and stir well.
- 6 Place the fish in the ovenproof dish, dot around spoonfuls of the chopped spinach (drain off any excess water from the defrosted spinach). Pour over the sauce and gently stir through the fish and spinach.
- 7 Top with the mash potato and return the dish to the oven, bake 35 – 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.