A bit of this, a bit of that
- 225g (8oz) cold potato that has been mashed
- 4 rashers thick cut smoked back bacon
- 15ml (1tbsp) chives, chopped
- 50g (2oz) white stilton, crumbled
- 15mlsp (1tbsp) Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- Cracked black pepper
- 15g (½ oz) plain flour
- 10ml (2tsp) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 Chop 2 rashers of the bacon, place in a frying pan and fry for 3 - 4 minutes until crispy.
In a medium bowl mix the mashed potato, chives, cheese, yogurt and black
pepper, add the cooked bacon and mix well.
- 3 Divide the mixture to form 2 potato cakes. Leave to chill in the refrigerator.
- 4 Place the flour on a plate and dust the potato cakes with the flour.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, place in the potato cakes and cook 5 minutes per
side until golden brown and heated through.
Part way through cooking the potato cakes add the remaining bacon rashers to the
frying pan, turn to crisp the other side.
Poach the egg in a poaching pan or in a pan of lightly boiling water.
Cooks Tip: Add a tablespoon of vinegar to the water for poaching the eggs, this helps stop the egg white and egg yolk from separating.
- 8 Serve potato cakes topped with the rasher of bacon and egg.