A bit of this, a bit of that
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100g kale, chopped and stalks removed
- 25g basil leaves, a few reserved for garnish
- 60g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1-2tsp lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 200g linguine or other dried pasta
- 250g Onken Natural Set yogurt
- Olive oil to serve
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 To make the pesto, toast the sunflower seeds in a pan for a few minutes until they start to pop and turn a light golden colour. Place the seeds in a food processor and blitz until fine, add the garlic clove and kale and blend until it’s all finely chopped.
- 2 Add the basil and cheese to the pesto mix, blend again then drizzle in olive oil with the motor running. Taste the pesto and add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 Cook the linguine in a large pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- 4 In a small pan, combine half the pesto with the yogurt and gently warm through, stirring all the time.
- 5 Add the yogurt pesto to the pasta, cover the pan and let it sit for 1-2 minutes. This allows the flavours to be absorbed into the pasta. Serve with extra olive oil, grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves.