A bit of this, a bit of that
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 100g Onken Natural Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 120g plain flour
- 120g golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- BRANDY BUTTERCREAM
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp brandy, or brandy flavouring
- ½ tsp green gel food colouring (this depends on strength of colour you want)
- Gold and silver star sprinkles, candles etc to decorate
- 1 Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas mark 4 and put 24 mini cupcakes cases into a mini cupcake tin.
- 2 Measure the oil into a jug then beat in the yogurt and egg until fully combined.
- 3 In a mixing bowl stir together the remaining ingredients.
- 4 Stir the wet mixture into the dry and once combined divide equally between the baking cases. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, until lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 5 Once cool enough to handle move the cupcakes to a rack to cool completely.
- 6 To make the buttercream beat the softened butter with the icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- 7 Add the brandy and green colouring and beat until fully combined and there are no streaks of colour.
- 8 Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a medium closed star nozzle, or star nozzle.
- 9 Arrange the cupcakes close together in a wreath configuration, then pipe in blobs, so that the icing on each cupcake touches the one next to it.
- Optional Decorate with the stars to finish.