A bit of this, a bit of that
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500g mini chicken fillets or 4 small chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and crushed or ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 226g jar Chunky Salsa Sauce (mild)
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- For the Guacamole:
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large ripe avocado
- juice of ½ lime
- 50ml Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- To serve:
- Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- Shredded little gem or cos lettuce
- 1 To make the Guacomole: Skin the tomato, by placing in boiling water for no longer than 1 minute, then chop finely removing the seeds. Halve the avocado and remove the stone, scoop out the flesh and place in a medium bowl with the lime juice, mash and then add the yogurt, tomato and coriander, season. Place in serving bowl and cover.
- 2 Preheat the oven 180˚C/160˚F/Gas Mark 4.
- 3 Mix together the pepper and onion in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Heat a large frying or griddle pan and stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes until softening and browning. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- 4 Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm through in the oven for 5 minutes while the chicken cooks.
- 5 In the frying or griddle pan heat the remaining olive oil, add the garlic and chilli and gently fry for 1 minute, then add the chicken pieces and fry a further 4 – 5 minutes until cooked, return the vegetables to the pan and stir in the salsa sauce, heat through and serve.
Make up the fajitas by spreading on the guacamole, spooning on the chicken mixture, topping with a good dollop of Onken Natural Greek / Set yogurt, Roll up and enjoy!! Serve with the shredded lettuce if desired.
Cooks Tip: Ensure you serve with a napkin or serviette.