A bit of this, a bit of that
- 50g pecan halves, reserve 8 and chop the remainder
- 85g chopped dates
- 115g light brown sugar
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 2 ripe bananas
- 115g butter, melted
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
- 200ml Onken Natural Set Yogurt
- 1 Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C Fan/ Gas 4, grease and base line a 2lb loaf tin.
- 2 Combine the chopped pecan nuts, dates and sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- 3 Peel the bananas and mash in a bowl.
- 4 In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and mixed spice, add the sugar mixture.
- 5 Melt the butter then lightly beat it together with the yogurt, egg and vanilla extract.
- 6 Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients, beat well, then add the mashed bananas, carefully fold in, do not over mix.
- 7 Place the banana bread mixture into the loaf tin, decorate with remaining pecan halves and bake in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes.
- 8 Once cooked leave in tin for 5 minutes and then remove and place on a cooling rack.