- 1 Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/Gas 5. Put 12 paper muffin cases in a muffin bun tray.
Sieve the flour, baking powder and ½ the cinnamon into a bowl, stir in the sugar and raisins. Mix together the remaining cinnamon with the demerera sugar to sprinkle on the top of each muffin.
Cooks Tip: Baking powder reacts very quickly, therefore it is important not to leave the mixture once the liquid ingredients are added, otherwise the muffins will not rise as well.
- 3 Melt the butter then lightly beat it together with the yogurt and egg.
- 4 Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and add the apple sauce, carefully fold in, do not over mix.
- 5 Put approximately 2 dessertspoons of mixture into each muffin case. Top each muffin with a sprinkling of the cinnamon sugar.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- 7 Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Delicious warm or cold.