A bit of this, a bit of that
- 150g Onken Strawberry Wholegrain Yogurt
- 100g cornflakes, very lightly crushed
- 85g golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g dried cherries or sultanas
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- Lightly greased 20cm x 20cm baking tin
- 1 Preheat the oven 180°C/160°C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Gently heat the syrup and butter in a medium pan until the butter is melted.
- 3 In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
Add the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients along with the Onken Strawberry Wholgrain Yogurt and combine together. Add the cornflake mix to the tin and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
Cooks Tip: The dried fruit, nuts and seeds can be varied as can the yogurt. The fibre content is increased in the bars if using a wholegrain yogurt.
- 5 Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes. Leave to cool for 15 minutes and then mark into portions. Cool fully before removing from the tin. Store bars in an air tight tin.